How to check for generic python variant?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sun Mar 17 16:35:16 UTC 2019

Hi,

> On 17 Mar 2019, at 4:14 pm, Ruben Di Battista <rubendibattista at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I’m trying to improve VTK portfile. I would like to be able to check for a python variant to be enabled, whatever it is, whatever version of python. How do I do that?

There is no such thing as a generic python variant. You should provide variants that use the various different python versions that macports supports, whatever VTK can support, and leave it to the user to decide which they wish to use, if need be picking one as a default variant (python 3.7 would be the obvious choice).

Chris