GSoC 2019 [Collect build statistics]

Arjun Salyan arjun.salyan.che17 at itbhu.ac.in
Mon Mar 18 17:51:56 UTC 2019

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 at 10:49 PM, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:

> And in fact I'm unable to find any indices in your DB model.

Thanks, I shall add this. I am dealing with this huge data set for the
first time.

Also, TextField might be suitable for description etc, but for short
> entries like port name, this probably offers suboptimal performance
> and CharField would make more sense. I did not time it though, and
> this is not the bottleneck in your code, but the indices are
> definitely critical for perfomance.

Yes, I have finalised the ports table now and hence, I shall change the
field types accordingly as to which one is the most suitable for the data
type in that column.

Also, I have terminated the process of populating the database- my internet
today and the free tier both are making it really difficult. I was able to
load the entire database within seconds locally.

Thank You