GSoC 2019 [Collect build statistics]

Arjun Salyan arjun.salyan.che17 at itbhu.ac.in
Wed Mar 20 18:28:56 UTC 2019

Hi Mojca,
Thanks for the detailed reply.

Changes can be seen for this port:
http://frozen-falls-98471.herokuapp.com/ports/qt5-qtlocation/

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 6:40 AM Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:

> This is super useful. But I would probably link directly to the
> Portfile rather than the directory. Most ports don't have any patches,
> but if they do, one can easily browse one level higher once on the
> GitHub website.
> I would probably make those link (in particular the homepage link)
> open in a new window.

Thanks, I have made both the changes.

- The entries are not unique as they should be. You seem to have two
> entries for the same build (26315) for example.

- Sorting for 10.13 should be in reverse order (newest builds on top)

Fixed both.

> - I'm more interested in duration than end time. (Not sure if it's
> more useful to have start or stop time, but one is sufficient. The
> other one would be duration of the build.)

I have removed 'Stop Time' and added 'Time Elapsed'

> The missing table (no urgency) would then be more similar to this one:
> 10.13 || 10.14
> OK [link to 52248] || OK [link to 26315]

Implemented this.

- In BuildHistory the port_name should hold a foreign key to the port
> id rather than just holding a string with port's name (I guess that's
> many-to-one relationship in Django?).

Yes, but right now I can achieve this only when I have all the ports in my
aws database.

> - a useful addition would be information about commit's shasum which
> triggered this change (but that might be tricky to extract in a proper
> way)

Thanks, I shall give it a try.

I have also changed the script (parse build history) to detect new builds,
by comparing the last build id in the database with that on the buildbot.
It then receives only the new builds from the buildbot. I am not sure how
efficient this method be, or even if this is the right way of doing it. Now
either we can run this script at some definite interval or modify buildbot
to instruct when the script would run.

Thank You