GSoC 2019 [Collect build statistics]

Arjun Salyan arjun.salyan.che17 at itbhu.ac.in
Sat Mar 23 09:35:11 UTC 2019

Hi,
I am working on the design of tables for installation statistics. I have a
doubt here:

Suppose there is a port P. Now for number of installations of P, there are
many definitions I am having in my mind:

   1. Number of users currently having P in active_ports/ inactive_ports.
   [ACTIVE INSTALLATIONS]
   2. Number of users for which P ever appeared in active/ inactive ports,
   no matter if it is there at this point of time or not. [TOTAL
   INSTALLATIONS- counted only once per user]
   3. If any particular user installs P two times, then count that as two
   different installations. [TOTAL INSTALLATIONS]

Which one would make more sense? Maybe we can have two fields- "Total
Installations" (definition 2) and "Active Installations" (definition 1)? Or
just one?

Thank You
Arjun