Auto-Detection of Build Dependencies, Gsoc 2019

Fred Wright fw at fwright.net
Sun Mar 24 21:47:12 UTC 2019

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019, Clemens Lang wrote:

> There are a couple of static rules (which wouldn't change for this task)
> and a dynamic component that checks which port installed the file that
> the installation is trying to access. At the moment, we allow requests
> if the currently built port depends on the port that provides the file
> and deny access otherwise.

BTW, the current trace mode is riddled with false positives, so it's
nowhere near being usable as authoritative information on dependencies.  A
lot of them might be explained by incorrect dependency analysis, though
some are just silly, like complaining about "/opt".

This is completely orthogonal to performance issues, of course.

Fred Wright