how to deal with large data files

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Mar 28 01:43:46 UTC 2019

On Mar 27, 2019, at 19:38, Mark Anderson wrote:

> It’s an optional port? I think marking it non-distributible the the way to go for now, but we should think about adding a “mirror no” “force_remote” or something that is more semantic.

The distributability of a binary is separate from the distributability of the source code. MacPorts assumes the source code of a port is distributable and MacPorts infrastructure will mirror the distfiles for nondistributable ports, unless you add "Nomirror" to the license line.

In this case, we may want to both avoid mirroring the distfile and avoid storing archives, in which case the license could be set to Restrictive Nomirror.