GSoC 2019 [Collect build statistics]

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sun Mar 31 08:35:21 UTC 2019

On Sat, 30 Mar 2019 at 21:59, Arjun Salyan
<arjun.salyan.che17 at itbhu.ac.in> wrote:

> Thanks Mojca, I will update the Demo App with the suggested changes very shortly.
>
> On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 8:30 PM Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, I'm just curious: what's the current situation with
>> django/database hosting, network and other limitations etc.?
>> Now that you have the code which can both import the full database, as
>> well as parse and show the builds, it's actually a pity that there's
>> only a small fraction of ports available, and no idea which ports
>> actually show some useful build info.
>
> All ports are now available.

Great.

There seem to be some issues with subports. (For example any p5.28-*
under perl would give an error page.)

> It took quite a time, but now all ports are there on the web app.

Just curious: what's the order of magnitude of the time it took?

> It is the build history now, how many logs would you suggest I fetch? I was being careful in this as you told.

I would talk to Ryan about running the script locally at the location
of the build master for the first time. (It's not super important to
do it immediately, but since the code is there, it would be nice to
see it in action.)

>> What would be really cool though is to start some actual review
>> process for the Django code, as that's where there would be a lot more
>> work, and probably more substantial comments.
>>
>> Personally I don't have permissions to create a new repository under
>> macports organisation, but as Umesh suggested, we can create a
>> temporary org somewhere, create an empty repository, and then submit a
>> pull request to that one.
>
>  Shall I create the org? Or how do we proceed?

I now created:
    https://github.com/macports-gsoc/macports-gsoc-2019-webapp

You have full commit rights there, but the idea would be to first
populate the repository with a basic README (else you probably cannot
clone the repository at all), then clone it, and finally create a pull
request with the relevant changes, and not commit directly before the
code gets reviewed.

>> And since you already have a draft proposal ready, it would also make
>> sense to submit it. (The final version gets submitted later.)
>
> I have submitted it, thanks.

Thank you, but I don't see it in our dashboard [yet?].

Mojca