Blackist mirrors.shu.edu.cn from CI?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat May 11 00:17:41 UTC 2019

On May 10, 2019, at 17:58, Clemens Lang wrote:

>> On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 06:49:56PM +0200, Ruben Di Battista wrote:
>> That mirror is making some of the builds fail because it is
>> unreachable.

Inability to reach or resolve any one mirror will not cause a build to fail. MacPorts will try other mirrors until it finds one that works.

>> Would it be possible to blacklist it from the build
>> machines?
>>
>> https://paste.macports.org/7b1151ac389f

This build failed because Travis was unable to resolve any hostname. This is a defect in the Travis infrastructure that surfaces from time to time. I don't know of anything we can do about it, short of reporting it to Travis again and asking them to fix it.

> Is anybody able to reach that mirror? It didn't seem to work for me
> either last time I tried. Maybe we should remove it for good then?

The mirror has been down for almost a month. I've attempted to reach the administrator by email and by filing an issue in their issue tracker. There has been no response. I guess we should remove the mirror.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/58430