Packaging buildbot-www

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue May 28 19:42:06 UTC 2019

On 28.05.19 09:11, Rajdeep Bharati wrote:
> I am packaging buildbot 2.x as a port. However, a key part of buildbot 2
> is the web interface, buildbot-www, which uses many javascript
> dependencies (those aren't available as MacPorts packages yet). Please
> find the attached image which shows the dependencies.
>
>  Screenshot 2019-05-28 at 11.36.55 AM.png
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CnjcmMvd4fsXtJqhjrTRGVC0Rfn2s9gW/view?usp=drive_web>
>
> What would be the right way to package this? Would it be a python port?
> Would it be better to package all of the above JS libraries?

Out of curiosity, where does this screenshot come from?

To me it looks like all of these (minified) JavaScript libraries and
also FontAwesome are already included in the release tarball. You do not
need to create ports for these, the software will use the included copies.

$ tar xf buildbot-www-2.3.1.tar.gz
$ $ tree buildbot-www-2.3.1/buildbot_www/static
buildbot-www-2.3.1/buildbot_www/static/
├── d3.min.js
├── fonts
│   ├── FontAwesome.otf