WTB Qt 5.12LTS (port:qt512) (attn mcalhoun)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 10:07:41 UTC 2019

On Sunday November 17 2019 08:30:36 Marcus Calhoun-Lopez wrote:

>I am very sorry I cannot find the reference because this is the same argument I made.

No problem for the reference, it doesn't really matter who objected and exactly why. As far as I'm concerned you could just have introduced a port:qt512, or do maintainers with commit rights have to ask permission for new ports too?

You could also have argued that it makes more sense for environments like MacPorts to provide LTS versions only if they exist.. Just updating the checksums in the module array must be tedious, time-consuming and error-prone, or do you have a script for that? I have one for the 60+ KF5 frameworks, but for those I only store the checksums in a lookup table so that's a lot less complex.

>(I cannot remember if this discussion was on the mailing list, the trac, or the GitHub comments.)

>Thank you for the heads-up.

Part of the errors can be avoided by disabling the mapbox-gl plugin (requires a paying license anyway to be useful).