error: thread-local storage is not supported

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 16:34:49 UTC 2019

Let me say more

Every MacOS system supports thread_local storage, from 10.4 Tiger PPC on up.

Up to now, the base thread_local specifier introduced in MacPorts 2.6 has worked beautifully.

There is no reason to manually specifiy any compiler other than that command.

There is no reason to disable thread_local on any systems.

I'm happy  to help out if you are having issues, as I enabled thread_local on most of those systems, and have intimate knowledge of how it works.

Best,

Ken