error: thread-local storage is not supported

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 00:10:13 UTC 2019

Well, I’ll be hornswaggled.

Indeed it appears the compiler.thread_local_storage option in MacPorts is well and truly broken. It basically only works on 10.6 and less (which is where I often am, so I guess it always worked for me).

Marcus forgot to blacklist command_line clangs < 800.

We’ll have to get that fixed.

<https://github.com/macports/macports-base/blob/2249c806dafa35c0bd2b2bce0bec29c94fa79856/src/port1.0/portconfigure.tcl#L768 <https://github.com/macports/macports-base/blob/2249c806dafa35c0bd2b2bce0bec29c94fa79856/src/port1.0/portconfigure.tcl#L768>>

Ken