*-graveyard ports retired

Renee Otten reneeotten at macports.org
Tue Oct 1 11:27:48 UTC 2019

If the conclusion is that replacements from, for example, py34-<something> to py35-<something> are not useful (as it appears from https://trac.macports.org/ticket/59051 <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/59051>) then this change seems fine to me. In that case we should recommend maintainers (likely in the guide or on the mailinglist) to just remove the value from “python.versions” when they want to remove a subport and be done with it.

If, on the other hand, the idea is that now every port needs to add the replacement rules in its own Portfile (as you did in the commit, but that might just be to retain the status quo), then I am not so sure about the removal of the py-graveyard port. I feel that would add unnecessary clutter to the Portfiles and we are likely better off keeping it centralized as it was before.

Renee