Running buildbot-worker via launchctl

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Oct 2 01:19:54 UTC 2019

Hi,

I tested buildbot-worker quite a bit, but maybe / apparently never
with launchctl.

The part that I don't quite understand is the following:

* I've been running buildbot-slave 0.8 for a few years as a
LaunchDeamon without any issues.

* I now tried to upgrade the setup to buildbot-worker 2. I create a
new worker dir with

    sudo port install buildbot-worker
    mkdir -p /opt/buildbot/workers/name
    cd /opt/buildbot/workers/name
    sudo -u buildbot buildworker create-worker -r . example.com:9989
slavename pass

added a plist file (the only difference between version 0.8 and 2.x
was the python version, service name and worker directory):

sudo launchctl load -w
/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.buildworker.name.plist
sudo launchctl start org.macports.buildworker.name

But I keep getting the following error in /var/log/system.log

Service exited with abnormal code: 1
Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

* If I run it manually via

    cd /opt/buildbot/workers/name
    sudo -u buildbot /opt/local/bin/twistd-3.7 --nodaemon \
        --no_save--python=buildbot.tac --pidfile=buildslave.pid

then it works as expected.

I ran out of ideas about how to debug "Service exited with abnormal code: 1"

Mojca