removal of cxx11 PG and pre-snowleopard systems having some issues

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Mon Oct 7 00:16:04 UTC 2019

On 2019-10-7 07:27 , Ken Cunningham wrote:
> To no great surprise, as I didn’t bother to try it before now, the move from the cxx11 PG to the new compiler spec system seems to be having some issues on my older systems. MacPorts is calling in libomp and clang on PPC, which of course are not (presently at least) available. So you may see tickets, which is the only reason I mention this.
>
> I have for now pegged my macports-ports repo to the commit before the cxx11 PG started being pulled out. Everything is updating. After that, I’ll take a look and see if it can or can’t be fixed in an acceptable fashion.
>
> In the meantime, we might just ask people to hold their updating, if they are having these issues. If they have skills, they can peg their repos like I did.

Can you give specific examples, preferably with logs? On ppc,
macports-gcc compilers are preferred over macports-clang:
<https://github.com/macports/macports-base/blob/v2.6.1/src/port1.0/portconfigure.tcl#L1097>

So I don't immediately see how what you describe could happen, unless
the ports are also blacklisting *gcc* or something.

- Josh