CatalinaProblems added

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Oct 8 15:34:58 UTC 2019

On Oct 8, 2019, at 06:10, MacPorts Wiki wrote:

> Page "CatalinaProblems" was added by jmroot
> Content:

> Ensure you have Xcode 11.0 or greater installed and selected (e.g. `sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer`), and that you have the command line tools installed (`xcode-select --install`). You also have to agree to the license by running `sudo xcodebuild -license`.

I see the MojaveProblems page also says to install the command line tools, but is this old information that was just copied from the previous OS versions' wiki pages, or have we changed our mind and are back to recommending the installation of the command line tools?

Back when Mojave was released, a big deal was made about the removal of /usr/include and how it was important to be able to use MacPorts without the command line tools installed, to which end the Mojave buildbot worker (which is still on Xcode 10) doesn't have the command line tools installed, unlike the earlier ones.

Jeremyhu has pointed out that the CLT is needed if the Xcode version doesn't have the native OS SDK. So if I understand that correctly, Mojave with Xcode 10 should be fine without the CLT and Mojave with Xcode 11 would require the CLT. Similarly Catalina with Xcode 11 should be fine without the CLT.