Perl module Privileges::Drop Portfile Fails to Build on Azure

Steven Smith steve.t.smith at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 15:20:10 UTC 2019

Thanks. I did this:

> sudo port -pNf deactivate active and 'p5*'

And sanity checked to make sure I had absolutely no p5* ports active.

But the install still works. Looking at the log file https://paste.z0k.xyz/0b334360ab7f <https://paste.z0k.xyz/0b334360ab7f>, I see that the build is trying to download CPAN stuff, and failing when it builds from CPAN:

> This module requires Module::Build to install itself.
> Install Module::Build now from CPAN? [y] y
> CPAN.pm requires configuration, but most of it can be done automatically.

I can add things like p5-module-build myself, but it looks like there’s something broken when azure tries to reach out to CPAN.