10.15 builder

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Oct 17 21:10:19 UTC 2019

> On 17 Oct 2019, at 2:07 pm, Jack Howarth wrote:
>
>    I noticed that https://build.macports.org/builders doesn't show a 10.15 builder yet. Is there a schedule for when one will become available?

I want to add that while analysing the CDN logs during the meeting
(many thanks to @l2dy) we saw more than 5k failed downloads of perl
binaries for Catalina per day, and that's not even all users. It would
really help if we could start serving those users faster than they
give up ...

(Another screenshot is here
https://twitter.com/macports/status/1184134778385252353)

On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 at 21:40, Chris Jones wrote:

> On a similar note, it would be great to get a 10.15 builder for the azure builds in github PRs. Whats needed to set these up ?

I guess we just need to add a line to
    https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/0a922a19d342b6cd5afc50d8b8d8c1de6ad0131c/azure-pipelines.yml#L10
but until we have the binary builders on buildbot ready, it's probably
pointless since just about everything will simply time out.

@l2dy was also testing github actions:
    https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/5510

Mojca