Index Broken on 10.5

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat Oct 19 15:52:01 UTC 2019

On 2019-10-20 02:37 , Fred Wright wrote:

> Recently I've been seeing this on 10.5 (both x86 and ppc):
>
> MacXS:~ fw$ sudo port upgrade outdated
> Warning: No port clang-9.0 found in the index.
> Warning: No port llvm-3.7 found in the index.
> Warning: No port libcxx found in the index.
> Warning: No port clang_select found in the index.
> Warning: No port ld64 found in the index.
> Warning: No port perl5 found in the index.
>
> I thought the libc++ change in 2.6 wasn't being applied to 10.5, but the
> problem seems to be roughly coincident with the new base.  Perhaps the
> index generator script was updated incorrectly?

That's probably not actually the index being broken, but a circular
dependency. See <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/59289>.

The issue causing the circular dependency is that all the system
compilers are blacklisted by whatever port you're building, and the
compiler selection is falling back to macports-clang, which doesn't work
out of the box on libstdc++ platforms. This should be fixed in MacPorts
2.6.2.
<https://github.com/macports/macports-base/commit/48ec1123ad66a71d2ca4c1fe5fe51e7f210dc363>

- Josh