How to handle ports that are still broken because of the icu upgrade

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 06:10:39 UTC 2019

> I'm somewhat lost about how even manually address the problem. Should
> clang-9.0 use /opt/local/libexec/libcxx-bootstrap/lib/libxml2.2.dylib?

I have wrestled with this a few times as well.

I believe, in the end, I solved it by deactivating clang-5+ (and xar?), and rebuilding libxml2 with clang-3.4, which seemed immune.

But it was a bit trial-and-error and I never did write the process down, much less sort out how it might be automated.

Ken