[2.6.0-beta1 & LibcxxOnOlderSystems] stack fails to build

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Wed Sep 4 17:07:53 UTC 2019

Ken Cunningham wrote:
> The new ghc infrastructure is broken on 10.6, and at a quick glance, it looks like it starts building at 10.8, which is actually not too bad, and better than I thought:  <https://ports.macports.org/port/ghc/builds>
>
> I am not sure if i will ever get around to trying to fix the older systems, and I would doubt if anyone else ever will. It might or might not be possible to do so.
>
> There was some minor talk of resurrecting the ghc v7 infrastructure, but I think that is a dead duck idea as the whole family of hs-* ports needed for it are disappearing too.
>
> So -- you might be out-of-luck there, unless I break my leg or something :>

<3 ;-) :-D I'll contract that out to somebody, then :-D ;-) <3

> Ken

It's needed for (at least) recent versions of dovecot2 like
   dovecot2 @2.3.7.2 (mail)
somewhere in the dependency tree.
& dovecot2 is mission-critcal for mee.

My 2 Mac Minis can be hacked to run 10.8, so that will be the route,
I'll have to take then.

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
Korsør ; Danmark ; Europa