[2.6.0-beta1 & LibcxxOnOlderSystems] stack fails to build

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 19:54:47 UTC 2019

I haven't dug in, but unless something has significantly changed,  ghc needs to bootstrap from a prebuilt compiler that it downloads, and this prebuilt compiler does not run on 10.6.8, so you're out of luck until (at least) we figure out how to bootstrap something from a version of ghc that did run on 10.6.8.

This is not likely to be a small project, but I would be happy to be surprised.

You'd probably be better off to see what is calling in ghc and whether that can be turned off -- perhaps it's not really needed.

Ken