make mpstats a depends run on legacysupport?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sat Sep 7 19:43:56 UTC 2019

Hi,

I agree, it should remain opt in, but that should not prevent us really pushing to get more people to agree to install mpstats to contribute their system info. Now we have

https://ports.macports.org/statistics/

online we really should try and improve the data base of stats it gets.

To that end, I would for instance have no problem with the legacy support port giving some notes, for uses on those older systems, suggesting if they want to keep these older systems supported at all, they should contribute stats for them so we know there is still interest.

We also I think could better promote it, on new installations and selfupdates.

Chris