[pull 5236] seeking advise

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Wed Sep 11 13:30:14 UTC 2019

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/5236

This is the 1st time I've tried this, so please be nice to a newbie ;-)

I've used git before; but not github, so the interaction between my own
git instance & what's happening on github is something I'm learning
along the way.

1) Am I correct in assuming, that if I have to edit my submission, I'll
have to do it this way :
    git checout dovecot2
    git reset --mixed HEAD~1
    <make my edits>
    git commit -a <edit comment>
    git push --force origin

2) My pull has a conflict; but I can't see what's wrong here ?!? The two
files github claims are in conflict has nothing to do with each other.
Please advise me here in how I can resolve this conflict.

3) dovecot has a maintainer & macportsbot has assigned the pull to ¿him?
because I've suggested obsoleting dovecot; but I've heard nothing from
the maintainer so far. Can somebody else eg take over ?!?

thanks :-)
--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
Korsør ; Danmark ; Europa