latex is driving me batty -- ! Package fontspec Error: The font "DejaVu Sans" cannot be found.

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 13:27:50 UTC 2019

> When you specify font name, XeTeX uses fc-config to find that font name,

Sorry, I'm on this ipad and I answered a bit in the other mailing list.

I knew you would know so much about latex! Just exactly what I was hoping for.

So it appears that we (I at least) can't find some fonts be name when they are there, but can find them by filename. eg DejaVu.
Suggests my (all of our?) MacPorts/texlive-fonts font setup needs tweaking in some way, but that's all I know about that just now!