GSoC Proposal: Rewrite key parts of MacPorts in Python

Ralph Seichter abbot at monksofcool.net
Sun Apr 12 01:04:07 UTC 2020

* Mojca Miklavec:

> I would not dismiss the initial effort as a GSOC project as long as
> the student can prove the competence to do some good work and
> reasonable potential to stick with the project afterwards.

The way I understand GSoC projects is that smaller, self-contained work
is preferred. Rewriting MacPorts is way out of scope for that. It is too
big a task for a "summer" project, requires solid knowledge about the
existing MacPorts environment and experience in software design. I would
not entrust a student with that type of work.

-Ralph