port "cask" -- installing prebuilt binaries

Mark Anderson mark at macports.org
Tue Aug 4 23:30:55 UTC 2020

If I understand correctly the reason ffmpeg is a problem is because you can
build it in a "non-free" way. In fact, I think the variant is +non_free.

I used to use homebrew cask and macports, but then they rolled cask into
homebrew and I'll be damned if I install regular old homebrew. I'd love a
way to do the same with ports, but I honestly have no idea exactly how it
would work and how to differentiate the FOSS stuff from the binary only
stuff.

—Mark