port "cask" -- installing prebuilt binaries

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 19:30:01 UTC 2020

> On Aug 6, 2020, at 12:16 PM, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at macports.org> wrote:
>

> Personally, I don’t see any compelling reason why the MacPorts project should want to go in this direction.  The first paragraph on our homepage says:

Actually, I’m perfectly happy with a blanket “NO” on all this, if that is the outcome.

What I am trying to avoid is a bunch of these slipping in with no organization to it at all, for all these reasons.

And IF it is done, please make it SIMPLE.

no cryptic commands that 1 person in 10,000 can remember. MacPorts is already too full of that kind of thing.