port release candidate versioning question

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 17:28:28 UTC 2020

This sounds like a dumb question, that I should already know the answer to, but apparently I don’t seem to:

I would like to make sure this works the way I think it works before I do it.

When I make a new port clang-11 with version 11-rc1 and then follow-up with versions 11-rc2, 11-rc3, etc

and then finally we have the release version 11.0.0

will that all work properly as far as MacPorts goes?

ie does macports see versions like this:

11.0.0 > 11-rc3 > 11-rc2 > 11-rc1 ?

Thanks,

ken