Need help with troubleshooting Blender PR

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Fri Aug 28 20:32:09 UTC 2020

On 2020-8-29 00:55 , Jason Liu wrote:
>         However, later in the build, it looks like the MacPorts build
>         system sets SDKROOT based off the value MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET.
>

>     As far as I know, MacPorts does not do that.
>

> Then it's possible that CMake is doing that. Regardless, if you take a
> look at the build log from either the 10.14 or 10.15 Azure builds,
> somehow an environment variable with the name SDKROOT is somehow getting
> set. The interesting thing, and something I haven't yet been able to
> figure out, is that the build log on my local machine with macOS 10.11
> and Xcode 8.2.1 does not show this environment variable at all, even
> when I am doing a 'port -vst install'. One more observation is that the
> value of this mysterious SDKROOT variable is getting set to
> '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/...' in the 10.14 Azure build, but
> is getting set to '/Applications/Xcode_11.6.app/Contents/Developer/...'
> in the 10.15 Azure build.

That looks normal. MacPorts does set SDKROOT, but it sets it to the
value of ${configure.sdkroot}.

As I mentioned previously, we prefer to use the SDK for the current OS
version, which on 10.14 only exists in the Command Line Tools when using
recent Xcode versions (because Xcode itself only has the 10.15 SDK). On
10.15, Xcode also has the 10.15 SDK, so we can use it. That will change
when an upcoming Xcode release starts only including the 11.0 SDK. At
that point, 10.15 systems will also start using the SDK in the Command
Line Tools.

- Josh