Need help with troubleshooting Blender PR

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 06:41:45 UTC 2020

Most ports that try to figure out the SDKROOT on their own don't do it right, so you should always force the port to use MacPorts ${configure.sdkroot} if there is a configure option to do so.

There is an idiosyncrasy in MacPorts base wherein if the SDKROOT is "/" then MacPorts base leaves ${configure.sdkroot} as  "". This causes a number of ports to break, and we can't seem to agree on how to fix that, so you have to test that first, and set it to "/" if it is "".

Some variation of this usually works (you will see this in many ports):

if {${configure.sdkroot} eq ""} {
  set ${configure.sdkroot} "/"
}
configure.args-append --my-fancy-sdkroot-setting-option=${configure.sdkroot}

Ken