FYI -- Parallels 16 now supports BigSur as a VM on older systems

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Dec 7 01:10:54 UTC 2020

On Dec 6, 2020, at 15:16, Mark Anderson wrote:

> Is there a good way to get 10.6 - 10.16 installed in Parallels — I really don't want to download all of them from the app store, if that's even possible.

Why don't you want to download from Apple? That's the only official place to get macOS.

10.6 and earlier were never on the App Store; they're on DVD.

10.9 was the first free version. Before that the OS cost money.

If you ever downloaded 10.7, 10.8, or 10.9 on the App Store you should still be able to get it that way; check your Purchased tab.

For 10.10 and newer, use the download links in this article:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT211683