MacOS 10.15 Cross-Compilation Setup, for Targeting Big Sur

Christopher Nielsen mascguy at rochester.rr.com
Wed Dec 9 18:47:09 UTC 2020

Presently, I’m unable to spin up a Big Sur VM for builds and testing, and won’t risk a bare-metal install until 11.3 or later. So cross-compilation on 10.15, targeting 11.x, is my only option.

I’ve installed Xcode 12.2, to provide the Big Sur SDK. And I have MacPorts' Clang/LLVM 10 and 11 installed.

Apart from the minutia related to compilation flags etc, which I’m currently reading through… are there any other gotchas to be aware of?