Ensuring a port is built for Big Sur x86_64

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Thu Dec 10 17:33:33 UTC 2020

>>> Relative to ensuring a port is built for Big Sur, via our automated
>>> buildbots… does anything need to be done, to target Big Sur x86_64?
>>>
>>> I ask, as the port I’m working on - Mame - doesn’t appear to be going
>>> through the Big Sur x86_64 builders. Yet, it /is/ going through for Big
>>> Sur arm64.
>>>
>>> Is this expected behavior?
>>
>> In that the 11_x86_64 builder is currently catching up on a backlog of
>> 435 builds, yes.
>
> Holy Brobdingnagian Build Backlog, Batman!
>
> Humorous quips aside, is there any possibility of adding capacity for that builder?

Not really necessary, long term. The builder is new, as is the OS release, and as such it has a lot of catching up to do due to bulk builds that where requested on it. Once it gets through these, and a backlog that created, such that it is just reacting to new commits like the other builders are, all the builders generally keep up with new commits such that they are usually built and available promptly.