CCache: Segregating cache directories per port

Christopher Nielsen mascguy at rochester.rr.com
Fri Dec 11 18:20:02 UTC 2020

Is it possible to easily override the ccache directory via command-line, with the goal of maintaining separate caches per port?

I did some quick digging through the MacPorts TCL files, and didn’t see support for such an override.

My current solution — workable, though not ideal — is to update ‘ccache_dir’ in ~/.macports/macports.conf. That’s easily doable via a ‘port’ wrapper script.

But assuming I didn’t miss anything, would folks be open to having the ability to specify ‘ccache_dir’ from the port command-line? If so, I’ll contribute the changes.

Thoughts?