port "cask" -- installing prebuilt binaries

Mark Anderson mark at macports.org
Sun Dec 13 21:45:51 UTC 2020

I like the idea of a separate thing like cask, (if only in labeling) but we
don't always need it/shouldn't use it exclusively.

Like maybe for restrictive non-free stuff like Chrome a different mode
makes sense, but with iTerm, I'm just trying to allow install on <10.15 and
knowing the iTerm guy, pretty soon, less than 11.0

Maybe just:
---> iTerm2 is only available via binary on this system, source is
available on 10.15+

---> Chrome is only available via binary

I'm not suggesting a Chrome port BTW, it's just the first thing I thought
of since I'm using it right this second to send this.

—Mark
Mark E. Anderson <mark at macports.org>
MacPorts Trac WikiPage <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/mark>
GitHub Profile <https://github.com/markemer>