script to revbump all the deps of a port?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Dec 17 07:51:14 UTC 2020

On Dec 16, 2020, at 21:11, Ken Cunningham wrote:

> octave has like 117 deps
>
> does anyone have a script that will do this? I have just done it by hand before, but that’s too much gruntwork if there’s an easier way.

I believe some people have attempted to write such scripts, but such scripts could not be 100% reliable because of the limitless ways that a portfile author could have chosen to structure their portfile. You would need to open each portfile and for each one determine where and for which subports to insert the revision lines or increase existing ones.