port "cask" -- installing prebuilt binaries

Jason Liu jasonliu at umich.edu
Thu Dec 24 18:58:08 UTC 2020

> A more efficient method that overrides activate/deactivate and does not
> needlessly de&re&decompress everything would seem useful.

Since the dmg itself is a compressed archive, it would seem to make sense
that activate/deactivate would operate directly on the dmg, no? In other
words, the distfile *is* the archive, so recompressing of the destroot
should be skipped entirely. Instead, the dmg distfile should either be
copied or moved over to where the activate/deactivate archive usually lives.

--
Jason Liu