git submodules

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sat Feb 1 20:10:15 UTC 2020

HI,

If there is really no way to get everything via a tarball, one way is to configure the port to fetch directly from git clone and not a tar ball, and then in a post-fetch block run the git submodule init. See eg.

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/devel/ccls/Portfile <https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/devel/ccls/Portfile>

as a randomly picked example.

Its not ideal, as for instance it by-passes macports checksum checks for instance, but if there is no other way …

Chris