Migrating the guide to AsciiDoc

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Feb 24 19:34:18 UTC 2020

On 21.02.20 21:05, Rainer Müller wrote:
> On 17.02.20 23:13, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> I didn't yet check how the latest conversion looks like, so I cannot
>> really make a good informed decision, but I would vote for proceeding
>> with .adoc.
>
> For comparison, I just put the AsciiDoc based guide online here:
> https://guide-test.macports.org/

Because of a misconfiguration in the CDN, the official guide was pulled
from this test version over the weekend. Sorry for that, I did not
expect the CDN would use this domain.

However, there was only one report on IRC because of this and that was
only because the chunked version was missing and some links were broken.
That must mean the quality is already good enough. ;-)

Anyway, I just updated the guide-test domain once again to also include
the chunked version of the guide.

> [...]
> The known steps that will need manual work are documented here. Please
> feel free to add anything else you find in the current guide-test to
> this list. Or just sent a reply with feedback.
>
> https://github.com/macports/macports-guide/blob/master/guide/adoc/README.md

Rainer