strange cmake error trying to install babl +universal

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jan 6 00:26:46 UTC 2020

On Jan 5, 2020, at 18:19, Ken Cunningham wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2020, at 4:17 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Jan 5, 2020, at 17:48, Ken Cunningham wrote:
>>
>>> $ sudo port -v destroot babl +universal
>>> Error: cmake cannot be installed for the configured universal_archs 'x86_64 i386' because it only supports the arch(s) 'x86_64'.
>>> Error: Unable to execute port: upgrade librsvg failed
>>>

>>> cmake can of course be installed universal.
>>> Having said that, there is no need to have cmake installed as universal, however, and it has "installs_libs no” in the Portfile.
>>>
>>> not sure where the librsvg thing is coming in just now, but the error is certainly not too helpful in sorting out what it happening….
>>
>> What OS version is this on?
>
> Sorry I neglected to say.
>
> 10.13.

With what version of Xcode?

MacPorts base doesn't allow universal builds when only the 10.14 SDK or later are available (i.e. with Xcode 10 or later) since the SDKs don't have the i386 parts anymore.

https://github.com/macports/macports-base/blob/master/src/port1.0/portconfigure.tcl#L392

It is known that the error message shown is not worded very well to explain this. I can't find the ticket right now.