Issues with qmake5 PortGroup

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jul 11 08:48:42 UTC 2020

On Jul 11, 2020, at 02:29, Nicolas Pavillon wrote:

> Recently, I had issues with updating several qt5 ports, such as qscintilla-qt5 (updated recently), or py37-pyqt5, all related to the qmake5 PortGroup.
>
> The errors I am experiencing are similar to the one reported in https://trac.macports.org/ticket/58760, which are:
> :debug:configure system:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_github.com_macports_macports-ports_python_py-pyqt5/py37-pyqt5/work/PyQt5_gpl-5.12.2" && /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/bin/python3.7 configure.py -q /opt/local/libexec/qt5/bin/qmake --verbose --confirm-license --sip=/opt/local/bin/sip-3.7 --dbus=/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/include/python3.7m/dbus-1.0 --designer-plugindir=/opt/local/libexec/qt5/plugins/designer/Py37Qt5 --qml-plugindir=/opt/local/libexec/qt5/plugins/Py37Qt5 --no-qsci-api --disable=QtWebKit --disable=QtWebKitWidgets --no-dist-info --spec=macx-clang
> :info:configure Error: Failed to determine the detail of your Qt installation. Try again using
> :info:configure the --verbose flag to see more detail about the problem.
> :info:configure Querying qmake about your Qt installation...
> :info:configure Determining the details of your Qt installation...
> :info:configure /opt/local/libexec/qt5/bin/qmake -o cfgtest_QtCore.mk cfgtest_QtCore.pro
> :info:configure Project ERROR: Could not resolve SDK Path for 'macosx10.14' using --show-sdk-path
>
> However, I do have the Xcode Tools installed, so that missing tools should not be the problem.
>
> Having looked around, it seems that a particular line in the qmake5 PortGroup is causing the issue. It define the variable QMAKE_MAC_SDK as below, which seems to be the origin of the problem.
> puts ${cache} "QMAKE_MAC_SDK=macosx${configure.sdk_version}"
> If I suppress this line from the PortGroup, it is then possible to install the related ports without any problem. However, as I did not see many reports about similar issues, I am wondering if this is an actual problem, or an issue specific to my system, although this seems to appear consistently throughout several ports in my case.
>
> Would anyone have an idea on that?

Do you in fact have the MacOSX10.14.sdk?

If you're using Xcode 11, or the Xcode 11 version of the command line tools, you probably only have the MacOSX10.15.sdk.

I get the feeling that MacPorts still doesn't handle this situation -- Xcode or the command line tools does not have an SDK matching the OS version -- very well.