Need some advice regarding patches for old AppKit compatibility

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jun 3 18:38:06 UTC 2020

Hi,

Sounds like this *could* be a candidate for something to add to our legacy support package. see

https://github.com/macports/macports-legacy-support <https://github.com/macports/macports-legacy-support>

A port for this exists in MacPorts, and is applied as required to ports that need the support layer using the legacysupport PortGroup.

I think if we are to have a compatibility layer, as you describe below, putting it in the same place as the above is the way to go, so please take a look and submit MRs adding what you think is needed to it.

Chris