Call for designers for our ports website

Saagar Jha saagar at saagarjha.com
Sat Jun 13 01:03:06 UTC 2020

I believe the lack of change there is almost certainly a matter of the project’s personal stance rather than “nobody having a problem with it”. In fact, after the change was merged in there was a fairly long discussion about first disclosing that there were analytics collected at all (which did eventually get implemented) and then switching off of Google Analytics or making it opt-in, which weren’t. Actually, there were multiple discussions but they like the original were generally closed as “WONTFIX” and this has been the policy to this day.

Personally, I would be fairly disappointed if MacPorts went opt-in as such policies suffer from statistical issues in addition to the obvious privacy-related ones.

Saagar Jha