Call for designers for our ports website

Arjun Salyan arjun at macports.org
Sat Jun 13 02:30:47 UTC 2020

Hi Craig,

Thank you. You make a valid point regarding the possible distortion due to
weekly submissions being bundled to calculate monthly charts.

But what we are seeing here is a known issue with the query that calculates
this chart.
https://github.com/macports/macports-webapp/issues/79

The current query has a limitation. Let’s say we receive two submissions
from a user within one month. One has port version X.1 and the other has
upgraded version X.2, then this query counts that user as using both the
versions and not just the latest one. This is the cause for the sudden jump
in Mar 2020. This problem is only with the "versions vs month" chart and
should be fixed soon. Rest all charts, including "installations by month"
display accurate information (
https://ports.macports.org/port/gnuplot/stats?days=365).

Thank you for the percentage suggestion. I am just wondering the right way
to display that information graphically.

I was trying to combine "installations by months" and "versions by month",
but it turns out they would be better separate.

Thank you