Perl5 portgroup: 'make pure_install'

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Mon Jun 15 13:36:22 UTC 2020

Hi:

Could someone help me understand the “pure_install” target used in the perl5 portgroup?  In my new xmltv port, I noticed that some sample configuration files are excluded from pure_install that would otherwise be installed if the normal “install” target was used.  Upstream has essentially said ‘everybody uses “install”, why aren’t you?’

I can’t seem to find any reference material on the intended difference between pure_install and install.  Links welcome.

Why does the perl5 portgroup default to pure_install over install?

Craig