problem with linking openssl for mailsend

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jun 18 01:01:42 UTC 2020

On Jun 17, 2020, at 17:15, macports at parvis.nl wrote:

> my development machine is a macmini. the harddisk failed, so i restored time machine to a new disk.
> but, the time machine backup (using directory hardlinks) had many missing directories, so most of my development is gone forever.
>
> so it seems i cannot trust time machine, any suggestions are welcome ;-)

Sorry to hear that...

Time machine does indeed use hard links but that's an implementation detail that you probably aren't supposed to need to know or care about.

If you lost data that you thought was backed up to time machine, I hope you'll send feedback about your experience to Apple.

https://feedbackassistant.apple.com