shellescape proc

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jun 28 08:21:22 UTC 2020

On Jun 28, 2020, at 02:08, Fred Wright wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jun 2020, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> On Jun 27, 2020, at 23:18, Fred Wright wrote:
>>> On Fri, 26 Jun 2020, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> Perhaps with good reason:
>>>
>>> MacML @21:03:49.192:: Error: Failed to extract curl-ca-bundle: invalid command name "shellescape"
>>
>> Whoops, didn't realize that it had only just been made available in the not yet released MacPorts 2.7.0 for Portfiles to use. Fixed:
>>
>> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/6c5276d315e64e99f0a7e57b6cf9940b83e9eab6
>>

>>> This happens on 10.5, 10.8, and 10.12.  The missing binary archives are consistent with this.
>>

>> That's unrelated.
>
> Actually, it probably is related, though for a different reason than I was suggesting. :-) Presumably the only reason that the upgrade didn't fail for the other OS versions was because of the availability of the binary archives.  The fact that those existed suggests that the buildbots are running with a prerelease version of base, which is why they worked (except when the buildbots weren't working for other reasons).
>
> I'm not convinced that using a prerelease version of base on the buildbots is a good idea, though.

They not.

The buildbot workers that were idle at the time curl and curl-ca-bundle were updated to 7.71.0 built them right away and succeeded. I later made the mistake of adding the use of shellescape to curl-ca-bundle. Any future attempts by users or buildbot workers to build it would fail because of that but most users could get the previously built binaries so they wouldn't have noticed. Only users on 10.8 or 10.12 would have noticed because those workers had not yet gotten around to building 7.71.0 by the time I made the shellescape change.

I've now fixed the shellescape mistake so the buildbot workers that are still catching up on builds will be able to build curl-ca-bundle when they get around to it. (10.12 already did; 10.8 will in a few days.)