ACTION REQUIRED: Set your SMTP password

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Nov 19 02:00:47 UTC 2020

On Nov 18, 2020, at 00:10, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Nov 18, 2020, at 00:05, Clemens Lang wrote:
>
>> I believe you can choose to store sent mail in a different account's
>> IMAP sent folder in Preferences > Accounts > Mailbox Behaviors.
>
> Right, but only if the account type is IMAP. If the account type is POP3, as is the case with my existing dummy account, those options aren't there.

Now that I've made a new IMAP Mail.app account I see thatI can only store drafts/sent/junk/trash either in a folder on that IMAP account or on my Mac; there is no option to select a folder on a different IMAP account.

But, if this email shows up, then at least hopefully the SMTP settings are working.