Force Xcode SDK instead of CLI SDK?

Aaron Madlon-Kay amake at macports.org
Fri Nov 20 02:55:27 UTC 2020

Hi all.

I have a port (Sequel-Ace) that builds with the SDK in Xcode, e.g.

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX11.0.sdk

...but not with the CLI SDK, e.g.

/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.0.sdk

Is there a way to force use of the Xcode SDK? I didn't see a way to
influence the logic in portconfigure::configure_get_sdkroot to get
such an outcome.

https://github.com/macports/macports-base/blob/b7221e01f81a78deda2bade1ce0a87aecb960132/src/port1.0/portconfigure.tcl#L510

(The error log doesn't give me any clues about how or why the CLI SDK
fails, so I'm just trying to muddle through right now.)

Thanks,
Aaron